* Choose a state and a county at upper left to launch visualization.
* Click "PAUSE" to toggle between play and pause modes.
* Click "RESIDENTIAL" to toggle to "WORKPLACE" and show commutes with workplace in selected county.
* "+" and "-" will adjust Speed or Zoom.
* When paused, click on a dot to see options. You can re-center the map on a dot. Click again to close callout.
* Click on a county name in the color key below map to select that county.
* Click on commute length text ("20 to 100 mi") to change distance criteria of commute.
* Click "CV%" to change the permissable CV% error allowed in the source ACS data.
Data for this visualization is from US Census American Community Survey (ACS) data combined with Google MAPS API. See my blog post
for more information on how the page was put together. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.